|^||<< June 2018 >>|
| || || || || ||1||2|
- The second quarterly meeting of the North Carolina Council of Chapters will be held on June 15-16, 2018 and hosted by the Charlotte-Metrolina Chapter, CW4 Jay Garbus, President.
- The venue will be the Crowne Plaza - Charlotte Executive Park, 5700 West Park Drive (Just off I-77 at Exit 5 (Tyvola Rd), Charlotte, NC 28177. Click on this link to make your reservation for the hotel.
* Open the below document to read the Charlotte-Metrolina President's welcome letter.
* Open the dinner reservation form which can be filled out on your computer and either saved to your computer and e-mailed to Ron Wilsbach, or printed and sent via mail to Ron...either way, be sure to send Ron a check for the total amount needed to cover your meal costs.
- There is also a flyer that details the Friday evening's speaker, award-winning author and storyteller Randell Jones who will present a talk entitled "Footprints of Daniel Boone" and comes with great accolades from the NC Humanities Council and noted state historians.
The Saturday spouse activity will be a visit to the Billy Graham Library and Museum which is very close by. It is an interesting and inspirational complex which includes the Graham homestead in Charlotte where Billy and his siblings were raised as well as the resting place for Reverend Graham and his wife Ruth.
* The NCCOC 3rd Quarterly Meeting will be held in Columbia, SC as part of the Council and Chapter Leadership Workshop.
* The purpose of the Council and Chapter Leadership Workshop is to bring top council and chapter leaders together to discuss best practices and topical issues regarding legislative issues and advocacy efforts, chapter management techniques, leadership succession, membership growth/sustainment, and revenue generation — just to name a few — as we work together to strengthen MOAA’s council and chapter system.
* Incumbent presidents, membership chairs, and legislative chairs from councils and chapters from the following states are invited to register: Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and East Tennessee. While a substitute can be designated for the president and membership chair positions, we ask that no substitute be designated for incumbent legislative chair.
* The MOAA Mid-Atlantic Council and Chapter Leadership Workshop Agenda can be viewed here.
The annual meeting of the Military Officers Association of America will be held in Phoenix, AZ.
* The Veterans Memorial in Anthem, AZ is a short 31 miles north of Phoenix, AZ (see the accompanying map in the download, below).
* If your travel itinerary permits, plan to visit the memorial on Veterans Day, November 11th, because at precisely 11:11 a.m., the sun’s rays pass through the ellipses of the five Armed Services pillars to form a perfect solar spotlight over a mosaic of The Great Seal of the United States.
* Designed by Anthem resident Renee Palmer-Jones, the memorial's five marble pillars represent the five branches of the United States military and is dedicated to honoring the service and sacrifice of the United States armed forces.