* The NC Council of Chapter's file server is a storage device dedicated to hosting, or "containing" the file you want to download, e.g., a Chapter newsletter or roster. When you click a download link, your computer connects to the host server and copies the file over to your system.
* Downloading is when you transfer, or copy a file from another computer to your computer.
* Downloading can take anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. The time required to download the file you are interested in depends on the size of the file and the speed of your Internet connection. File size is how much data your computer will have to transfer. Connection speed is how quickly your computer can theoretically download.
* If you experience very long "download" times, you can mouse over the file name and see how big the file is to determine how long you may need to wait.
* After you initially download a file to your computer, subsequently opening the file will only take seconds as the file now "resides" on your computer.
FYI - Council "Comments" and Chapter Newsletters are posted showing the file size(s) to help users gauge the time needed to download the file.