* In 2008, Congress passed legislation authorizing the Secretary of Defense to conduct a program to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War; this program runs from 2015 through 2017, with the following objectives:
- To thank and honor veterans of the Vietnam War, including personnel who were held as prisoners of war or listed as missing in action, for their service and sacrifice on behalf of the United States and to thank and honor the families of these veterans.
- To highlight the service of the Armed Forces during the Vietnam War and the contributions of Federal agencies and governmental and non-governmental organizations that served with, or in support of, the Armed Forces.
- To pay tribute to the contributions made on the home front by the people of the United States during the Vietnam War.
- To highlight the advances in technology, science, and medicine related to military research conducted during the Vietnam War.
- To recognize the contributions and sacrifices made by the allies of the United States during the Vietnam War.
* The North Carolina Council of Chapters of the Military Officers Association of America is a registered Partner in this program. Accordingly, all sixteen Chapters in the Council are also Partners. During the three-year Program, the Council and Chapters will be conducting multiple events in support of the objectives of the program to meet the minimum requirement of two events per year.
Follow the below link to visit the Vietnam War Commemoration website and learn more about the program as well as information on planned events.
Link: Click here: