* The USGLC is a broad-based influential network of 400 businesses and NGOs, national security and foreign policy experts, and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support a smart power approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.
* In today’s interconnected world, America must use all of the instruments of national security and foreign policy at its disposal. America’s smart power tools of diplomacy and development are underfunded and undermanned.
* The USGLC supports a strong and effective International Affairs Budget for:
- Protecting National Security by fighting terrorism, stabilizing weak and fragile states, combating weapons proliferation and promoting global stability;
- Building Economic Prosperity by developing international markets, driving economic development, building micro-enterprises and expanding exports;
- Strengthening Humanitarian Values by saving lives, alleviating global poverty, fighting HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases as well as hunger, expanding educational opportunities and strengthening democratic institutions.
* Link here to visit their website: USGLC.