* The MOAA Military Family Initiative's $25-in-‘15 campaign ends on December 31, 2015. Are you in?
* The annual $25-in-’15 campaign, hosted by the MOAA Military Family Initiative (MMFI), is a challenge to every MOAA member to contribute at least $25 once annually in direct support of MOAA's 14 Initiative-supported programs. These programs reflect the urgent needs of the nation’s military families in five critical areas: career transition, VA disability and survivor claims, warrior family reintegration, military spouse programs and financial education outreach. By the close of 2015, these 14 programs will have touched the lives of over 75,000 military families.
* If one-third of all MOAA members made a single $25 donation to MMFI just once each year, every program would be fully paid for.... If every MOAA member contributed $25 just once each year, the Initiative would be able to fully fund all national MOAA military family programs every year and make annual grants totaling $6 million to help vital military family initiatives at the community level throughout the nation.
* Giving Tuesday is one of the very best ways to support the $25-in-‘15 campaign during the holiday season. Now one of the biggest single philanthropic events worldwide, Giving Tuesday will happen on December 1, 2015. MOAA members, their families and friends, and the general public can help make a difference in the lives of the nation’s remarkably deserving military families just by going to www.MOAA.org/foundation and making an online donation.
* Friendly Competition to Support Military Programs
* This year, to add a bit of competitive fun to MOAA's Giving Tuesday event, MOAA will recognize in the March issue of Military Officer the state council (or group of MOAA chapters, if there is no council in the winning state) from which MOAA receives the highest number and greatest amount of online donations between Giving Tuesday and December 31, 2015. There will be two state winners: 1. Top State, Online MOAA Member Participation and 2. Top State, Total Online Contributions. Here are the rules:
- Top State, Online MOAA Member Participation - Determined by dividing the number of national MOAA member online donations from each participating state by the total number of national MOAA members in that state. This creates a level playing field for all states.
- Top State, Total Online Contributions - Determined by calculating the total amount raised online on Giving Tuesday by each participating state.
- For the purposes of the competition, only online donations made during the 24-hour period of December 1 count.
* For those 1,500 of you that have already graciously joined the $25-in-’15 campaign, thank you! Your commitment to never stop serving by supporting our nation’s military families is an example for all. For those of you who haven’t yet joined this year’s campaign, will you take the leap on Giving Tuesday?
* Please DONATE NOW