* NCCOC 3rd Vice President, COL Harley Ellinger, requests your presence in the North Carolina Legislature Building to lobby for the interests of the military. COL Ellinger also requests you to make an appointment with a senator or representative from your area to present the case for support of the military in North Carolina.
* The immediate need is the passage of the Bailey/Patton law to exclude retired people from paying income taxes in North Carolina. This would make us more military friendly compared to our surrounding states!
* This date (April 15, 2015) is military day (North Carolinas Veteran Council) in the State Legislature of North Carolina. Our president of the NCCOC, COL Jeri Graham will be in Washington DC that day to Storm The Hill with National MOAA, and consequently will not be with us in Raleigh.
* Enclosed are the attachments for use by President Graham's visit to Washington DC, and the Bailey argument.
* NCCOC will have a table in the lobby or gathering area of the Legislative building with printed materials, and we will gather there before proceeding to our various appointments. The speaker of the house may have a meeting of all the military people present in the legislative building.
* Can you attend?? Please drop an e-mail to COL Harley Ellinger,3d VP for Legislative Affairs, NCCOC
- Legislative Building, 16 West Jones St., Raleigh, NC
- Legislative Office Building, 300 N. Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC
- Open and read any of the below reference files that contain documents which elaborate on issues which we hope to present in Raleigh on April 15th.
- Chapter officers are also encouraged to share these issues with their membership...want to add to the "One Powerful Voice®" that is MOAA? Send a letter, fax or e-mail to your legislator, OR sign on to the newly established 4th Branch Engage platform that has been developed by the North Carolina Council in cooperation with other state organizations and add your voice there!
Email: COL Ellinger