* Welcome to the North Carolina Council of Chapters web site. We are one of 35 state councils that support the goals of the Military Officers Association of America working to serve the needs of military members in our state.
* MOAA and its affiliated councils and chapters are nonpartisan.
* The North Carolina Council of Chapters (NCCOC) provides programmatic guidance and oversight for the 17 state chapters that serve over 2000 members in 100 counties.
* In addition to being the nation's largest and most influential association of military officers, MOAA and the state chapters are a powerful force speaking for a strong national defense and representing the interests of military officers and their families at every stage of their lives and careers. Members of the state Council and Chapters participate in a variety of MOAA activities and programs.
* Whether you are already participating in MOAA National, becoming part of one of our North Carolina Chapters will guarantee your access to the many valuable resources of the NCCOC.
* The role of the North Carolina Council of Chapters (NCCOC) is to:
Further the legislative and other objectives of MOAA.
Foster fraternal relationships among retired, active, and former officers of the uniformed services and their National Guard or reserve components.
Protect the rights and interest of retired, active, reserve, and National Guard personnel of the uniformed services and their dependents and survivors
Provide useful services for members and their dependents and survivors.
Serve the community and the nation.
Protect the rights and interests of service retirees and active duty military members in matters of North Carolina state legislation.
Organize and coordinate the collective action of the Member Chapters in the State of North Carolina.
Provide the assistance necessary to member Chapters to enable them to effectively serve their members, their communities, and the nation.