May 26-30, 2017
* The Traveling Memorial stands as a reminder of the great sacrifices made during the Vietnam War. During the upcoming Memorial Day weekend 2017. The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall® will provide a venue that allows Vietnam War veterans, families, and local residents the ability to see the memorial, attain closure, and learn about the Vietnam War.
* The Otway Burns Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), with presenting sponsor Big Rock Blue Marlin Fishing Tournament, is hosting the memorial at Glad Tidings Church (4621 Country Club Road, Morehead City, NC) Friday, May 26th until Tuesday, May 30th.
* At approximately 10 a.m. on Thursday, May 25th, the memorial and a motorcycle escort will leave the New River Shopping Center in Jacksonville and proceed east on Highway 24. In Morehead City, the escort and memorial will proceed across Highway 70 onto Bridges Street, then turn left on Country Club Road, and enter the Glad Tidings Church property.
* Groups and individual bikers interested in escorting the Wall should contact Cindy Knigge (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Round-the-clock viewing of the memorial will commence following the opening ceremony scheduled for 11 a.m. on Friday, May 26th until 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, May 30th when the brief closing ceremony will be begin.
* Chapter Regent Linda Phelps says the Otway Burns Chapter is sponsoring the monument in Morehead City, which has a large veteran population, for healing and to allow people the opportunity to visit who otherwise may not be able to make the trip to Washington, D.C.
* For more information, find the event on Facebook “Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall Morehead City” or contact Otway Burns Chapter NSDAR Regent Linda Phelps (910- 326-6164 or email@example.com).
* Tax deductible donations can be made to the Otway Burns Chapter Treasurer and mailed to Dolores Witt, 312 Bonita Road, Cape Carteret, NC 28584.