May 28, 2018
DEDICATION OF THE NEW GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORISM (GWOT) MONUMENT
The long-awaited dedication of the new Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) monument at the Freedom Memorial Park in downtown Fayetteville will take place a week from now on Memorial Day, Monday the 28th of May 2018 starting at 10:00 AM.
This is a worthy tribute to our brave men and women who have made the supreme sacrifice in fighting terrorism worldwide since 9/11. The realization of this community undertaking was made possible by the consideration and generosity of our chapter members who collectively donated over $25,000 to defray the cost of the monument.
Several chapter members will participate in the ceremony. The invocation will be delivered by our Chaplain (LTC) Tim Atkinson. The keynote speaker will be General Dan K. McNeill, a chapter member and a veteran of several global war on terrorism campaigns.
Two other members, COL James Wanovich and LTC Jon Pendell, both veterans of multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan since 9/11, will assist in laying the CFC memorial wreath on the GWOT monument.
This will be a historic event for our chapter in that it is our first tangible contribution to our local community. A sizable and noticeable representation of the Cape Fear Chapter at the event would be most appropriate and desirable; a group photo will be taken upon conclusion of the ceremony.
Let us all observe this Memorial Day by attending this poignant and patriotic ceremony in honor of those who have laid down their lives in service to our nation.
April 20, 2018
The following Council and Chapters in the North Carolina Council of Chapters were recognized for the awards shown that were announced after MOAA’s 2018 Storming the Hill.
5 Star Award for NC00 - NC Council Website
5 Star Award for NC00 - NC Council E-Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC01 - Cape Fear Website
5 Star Award for NC01 - Cape Fear E-Newsletter
4 Star Award for NC02 - Coastal Carolina Website
5 Star Award for NC07 - SENCLAND Website
5 Star Award for NC07 - SENCLAND Print Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC09 - Triangle Website
5 Star Award for NC09 - Triangle Print Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC11 - Catawba Valley Website
5 Star Award for NC11 - Catawba Valley Print Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC22 - New River E-Newsletter
Kudos to all!!
April 20, 2018
“I am very proud of the NC contingent that stormed the hill on Wednesday. We saw lots of important and busy people who are managing the business of our great country. I believe they heard our issues, understand the implications and are more likely to take action based on our discussion and materials we left behind. The respected MOAA reputation was enhanced! Our military and veterans should be better off because of our efforts. We were a great example of how we are advocates for NEVER STOP SERVING!”
BZ! Well Done! (See thumbnail photograph)
Shown in the pictures (Upper Right) Greg Chase, Parks Noyes and Jeri Graham and (Lower Right) Rollie Sampson, Scott Wadle and David Lee.
January 20, 2018
This is a Cyber Threat Awareness Message that is being provided by the Defense Information Systems Agency about a threat posed for users of NetFLIX in order to inform them about a phishing effort and to avoid providing any personal information in response to an e-mail.
November 10, 2017
COL Jeri Graham, North Carolina Council of Chapters Immediate Past President and MOAA Board Member is recognized as NC TarHeel of the Week as reported in the Raleigh News and Observer.
October 4, 2017
The below, downloadable press release is posted here to inform everyone of the newly adopted requirements for access to the Marine Corps Base, Camp LeJeune...everyone is encouraged to provide maximum distribution to persons in North Carolina regarding this change and the effect it may have on gaining access to the base.
- The Durham-Orange Chapter has an ongoing project of providing home-made cupcakes to the USO at RDU to celebrate the anniversary of each of the Services. The Coast Guard's birthday is August 4 so nine of our members met today to ice and decorate the 18 DOZEN cupcakes we had baked.
- Today's project was special for one of our members, whose father served in WW II in the Coast Guard. Today was our second time since we celebrated the birthday of the US Army in June.
- The chapters next project date is September 19 to celebrate the Air Force's birthday.
* Six members of the Durham-Orange Chapter met at the home of President Bruce Harris on June 13, 2017 to decorate cupcakes baked at member's homes...lots of fun and festive cupcakes were the final product (pictured, lower right as proof!)
* A volunteer met us curbside at Raleigh Durham Airport (RDU) to take them up to the USO.
* A fun afternoon which provided good feelings by all knowing that they're really appreciated. This particular sharing experience was to celebrate U.S. Army birthday...plans are to do this for every service birthday....next is Coast Guard in August!
April 26, 2017
Pictured ( L to R): Doug Ehrhardt, Iggy Husar, Harley Ellinger, Jeri Graham, Marie Senzig and Vern Pike.
Pictured (bottom thumbnail photograph) is Jeri Graham, Legislative Chair, North Carolina Veterans Council with James Prosser, Director, North Carolina Department of Veteran Affairs.
Scroll over the thumbnail pictures (right) to see some of the Veterans organizations that were represented at the event.
April 6, 2017
* The MOAA Councils and Chapters that are the recipients of 2016 Col. Marvin J. Harris Communication Awards were announced at the President's Seminar which took place after "Storming the Hill."
* Pictured (above right): CAPT Douglas Ehrhardt, USN, Ret., President of the North Carolina Council of Chapters is presented a 5 Star award for the Council website by Lt Gen Dana Atkins, USAF, Ret., President and CEO of MOAA.
* Pictured (below right) is the group photograph of the representatives of the 137 award recipients from the attendees at the President's Seminar.
North Carolina Council of Chapters Awards:
* 5 Star
- North Carolina Council of Chapters Website
- Cape Fear Chapter Website
- Sandhills Chapter Website
* 4 Star
- North Carolina Council of Chapters E-Newsletter
- Cape Fear Chapter Print Newsletter
- Coastal Carolina Website
- Coastal Carolina Print Newsletter
- Sandhills Chapter Print Newsletter
- SENCLand Chapter Website
- SENCLand Chapter Print Newsletter
- Triangle Chapter Website
- Triangle Chapter Print Newsletter
- Catawba Valley Chapter Website
- Catawba Valley Chapter Print Newsletter
- New River Chapter Website
- New River Chapter E-Newsletter
KUDOS TO ALL OUR COUNCIL AWARDEES!
April 4, 2017
The Military Officers Association of America Marix Awards Ceremony, named for MOAA's first president, was on April 4th...North Carolina Council of Chapters President, CAPT Doug Ehrhardt, USN, Ret., and his wife Cathy, attended the ceremony as part of the annual event on Capitol Hill with the North Carolina Council of Chapters delegation and other MOAA council and chapter members in DC for "Storming the Hill," 2017.
April 4, 2017
* The North Carolina Council of Chapters delegation that will "Storm the Hill" tomorrow, April 5th to meet our 2 Senators and 13 Representatves to bring our message of two primary issues of importance to the military - active, retired, Guard and Reserve, officer AND enlisted, as well as surviving spouses of deceased persons is pictured. Issue #1 - sequestration, and Issue #2 - the SBP/DIC offset.
* Shown (left to right): COL Ed Baisden, USA, Ret., COL Jeri Graham, USA, Ret., Lt Gen Dana Atkins,USAF, Ret. and CAPT Doug Ehrhardt, USN, Ret.
March 18, 2018
David and Catherine Sevier gave an informative presentation to the 1st quarterly meeting of the North Carolina Council of Chapters regarding the Carolinas Center (TCC), a nonprofit association serving a large network of hospices and palliative care organizations across North and South Carolina for which they received a $1.1 million Duke Endowment Foundation grant to help persons "Own One's Own Health" and to also enable them, and their families, in making important end of life decisions.
The two files, below, are downloadable for use by chapters to share this information with their members.