- The Durham-Orange Chapter has an ongoing project of providing home-made cupcakes to the USO at RDU to celebrate the anniversary of each of the Services. The Coast Guard's birthday is August 4 so nine of our members met today to ice and decorate the 18 DOZEN cupcakes we had baked.
- Today's project was special for one of our members, whose father served in WW II in the Coast Guard. Today was our second time since we celebrated the birthday of the US Army in June.
- The chapters next project date is September 19 to celebrate the Air Force's birthday.
* Six members of the Durham-Orange Chapter met at the home of President Bruce Harris on June 13, 2017 to decorate cupcakes baked at member's homes...lots of fun and festive cupcakes were the final product (pictured, lower right as proof!)
* A volunteer met us curbside at Raleigh Durham Airport (RDU) to take them up to the USO.
* A fun afternoon which provided good feelings by all knowing that they're really appreciated. This particular sharing experience was to celebrate U.S. Army birthday...plans are to do this for every service birthday....next is Coast Guard in August!
April 26, 2017
Pictured ( L to R): Doug Ehrhardt, Iggy Husar, Harley Ellinger, Jeri Graham, Marie Senzig and Vern Pike.
Pictured (bottom thumbnail photograph) is Jeri Graham, Legislative Chair, North Carolina Veterans Council with James Prosser, Director, North Carolina Department of Veteran Affairs.
Scroll over the thumbnail pictures (right) to see some of the Veterans organizations that were represented at the event.