April 20, 2018
The following Council and Chapters in the North Carolina Council of Chapters were recognized for the awards shown that were announced after MOAA’s 2018 Storming the Hill.
5 Star Award for NC00 - NC Council Website
5 Star Award for NC00 - NC Council E-Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC01 - Cape Fear Website
5 Star Award for NC01 - Cape Fear E-Newsletter
4 Star Award for NC02 - Coastal Carolina Website
5 Star Award for NC07 - SENCLAND Website
5 Star Award for NC07 - SENCLAND Print Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC09 - Triangle Website
5 Star Award for NC09 - Triangle Print Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC11 - Catawba Valley Website
5 Star Award for NC11 - Catawba Valley Print Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC22 - New River E-Newsletter
Kudos to all!!
April 20, 2018
“I am very proud of the NC contingent that stormed the hill on Wednesday. We saw lots of important and busy people who are managing the business of our great country. I believe they heard our issues, understand the implications and are more likely to take action based on our discussion and materials we left behind. The respected MOAA reputation was enhanced! Our military and veterans should be better off because of our efforts. We were a great example of how we are advocates for NEVER STOP SERVING!”
BZ! Well Done! (See thumbnail photograph)
Shown in the pictures (Upper Right) Greg Chase, Parks Noyes and Jeri Graham and (Lower Right) Rollie Sampson, Scott Wadle and David Lee.
January 20, 2018
This is a Cyber Threat Awareness Message that is being provided by the Defense Information Systems Agency about a threat posed for users of NetFLIX in order to inform them about a phishing effort and to avoid providing any personal information in response to an e-mail.
November 10, 2017
COL Jeri Graham, North Carolina Council of Chapters Immediate Past President and MOAA Board Member is recognized as NC TarHeel of the Week as reported in the Raleigh News and Observer.
October 4, 2017
The below, downloadable press release is posted here to inform everyone of the newly adopted requirements for access to the Marine Corps Base, Camp LeJeune...everyone is encouraged to provide maximum distribution to persons in North Carolina regarding this change and the effect it may have on gaining access to the base.
- The Durham-Orange Chapter has an ongoing project of providing home-made cupcakes to the USO at RDU to celebrate the anniversary of each of the Services. The Coast Guard's birthday is August 4 so nine of our members met today to ice and decorate the 18 DOZEN cupcakes we had baked.
- Today's project was special for one of our members, whose father served in WW II in the Coast Guard. Today was our second time since we celebrated the birthday of the US Army in June.
- The chapters next project date is September 19 to celebrate the Air Force's birthday.
* Six members of the Durham-Orange Chapter met at the home of President Bruce Harris on June 13, 2017 to decorate cupcakes baked at member's homes...lots of fun and festive cupcakes were the final product (pictured, lower right as proof!)
* A volunteer met us curbside at Raleigh Durham Airport (RDU) to take them up to the USO.
* A fun afternoon which provided good feelings by all knowing that they're really appreciated. This particular sharing experience was to celebrate U.S. Army birthday...plans are to do this for every service birthday....next is Coast Guard in August!