* Jeff Smith, Military and Veterans Affairs Director for UNC-TV wants members of our North Carolina Council and Chapters to know of the upcoming Ken Burns (pictured, right) Series on the Vietnam War.
* Jeff wants to make sure that all have the opportunity to view one of the upcoming screening opportunities across NC. These events include:
- Jacksonville DAV - 8/16
- Wilmington Battleship NC - 8/28
- Welcome - Richard Childress Racing - 9/6
- Southern Pines - Sandhills Comm. College - 9/7
- Asheville - 9/11 NC History Museum - Raleigh - 9/14
* For more information on this or any of UNCTV productions relating to Veterans Affairs, Jeff Smith can be reached at e-mail: email@example.com or via his cell at 919-815-2363.
March 14, 2017 (effective date)
* The document (right) can be opened in a larger view - right click on the image - in order to read, or it can be downloaded to your computer below.
* Please ensure widest delivery of this information to all veterans who may have been affected by this situation at Camp LeJeune.
February 10-11, 2017
Need help filing a VA claim? Questions about survivor benefits? Filing an appeal? Check out this event that will take place in Roanoke Rapids on February 10th and 11th.
July 15, 2016
The results of a survey conducted by Military Officers Association of America provided information regarding topics of greatest importance to our Association's membership.
May 11, 2016
* The North Carolina Council of Chapters participated in the Legislative Day held in Raleigh on this date.
* Following set-up, events of the day included an opening ceremony in front of the Legislative Building, the many veterans and veterans groups honoring the colors, and a bagpiper playing "Amazing Grace and leading the procession into the building to "Storm" the legislators.
* Representatives of the veterans groups met with Senator Louis M. Pate to share the 2016 Legislative Goal and Associated Talking Points.
* A Vietnam War 50th Commemorative Ceremony was held at 9:00 AM to invite all eligible veterans from the conflict to be recognized with a commemorative lapel pin and certificate as part of the ceremony. A total of 49 serving veterans were honored.
* All veterans attending the legislative day met with Speaker Tom Moore in the House Chambers to hear his remarks and were then given a period for Q&A.
* In the afternoon, veterans were invited to attend the House and Senate sessions, beginning at 2:00 PM and hear the reading of resolutions sponsored by NelsonMullins and to receive recognition by the legislators.
February 16, 2016
* The below, downloadable file contains a wealth of information about the activities of the NC Coalition on Aging which is supported by the NCCOC.
* Open/read to stay informed as we're all aging!