* One complaint that Veterans have voiced about the VA is their uncertainty as to where to begin in order to receive services and supports.
* VA’s myriad of services, resources, and materials can be daunting. Therefore, the VA listened and released a Welcome Kit to guide Veterans to the benefits and services that they have earned.
* The VA Welcome Kit is user-friendly and addresses eligibility and benefits in six areas:
- Health Care,
* Based on Veteran’s stage of life, Veterans can figure out how the VA can help in the present and future.
* Veterans can download a copy of the Welcome Kit for their convenience by clicking here.
* Jeff Smith, Military and Veterans Affairs Director for UNC-TV wants members of our North Carolina Council and Chapters to know of the upcoming Ken Burns (pictured, right) Series on the Vietnam War.
* Jeff wants to make sure that all have the opportunity to view one of the upcoming screening opportunities across NC. These events include:
- Jacksonville DAV - 8/16
- Wilmington Battleship NC - 8/28
- Welcome - Richard Childress Racing - 9/6
- Southern Pines - Sandhills Comm. College - 9/7
- Asheville - 9/11 NC History Museum - Raleigh - 9/14
* For more information on this or any of UNCTV productions relating to Veterans Affairs, Jeff Smith can be reached at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via his cell at 919-815-2363.
March 14, 2017 (effective date)
* The document (right) can be opened in a larger view - right click on the image - in order to read, or it can be downloaded to your computer below.
* Please ensure widest delivery of this information to all veterans who may have been affected by this situation at Camp LeJeune.