* Jeff Smith, Military and Veterans Affairs Director for UNC-TV wants members of our North Carolina Council and Chapters to know of the upcoming Ken Burns (pictured, right) Series on the Vietnam War.
* Jeff wants to make sure that all have the opportunity to view one of the upcoming screening opportunities across NC. These events include:
- Jacksonville DAV - 8/16
- Wilmington Battleship NC - 8/28
- Welcome - Richard Childress Racing - 9/6
- Southern Pines - Sandhills Comm. College - 9/7
- Asheville - 9/11 NC History Museum - Raleigh - 9/14
* For more information on this or any of UNCTV productions relating to Veterans Affairs, Jeff Smith can be reached at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via his cell at 919-815-2363.
- The Durham-Orange Chapter has an ongoing project of providing home-made cupcakes to the USO at RDU to celebrate the anniversary of each of the Services. The Coast Guard's birthday is August 4 so nine of our members met today to ice and decorate the 18 DOZEN cupcakes we had baked.
- Today's project was special for one of our members, whose father served in WW II in the Coast Guard. Today was our second time since we celebrated the birthday of the US Army in June.
- The chapters next project date is September 19 to celebrate the Air Force's birthday.
* Six members of the Durham-Orange Chapter met at the home of President Bruce Harris on June 13, 2017 to decorate cupcakes baked at member's homes...lots of fun and festive cupcakes were the final product (pictured, lower right as proof!)
* A volunteer met us curbside at Raleigh Durham Airport (RDU) to take them up to the USO.
* A fun afternoon which provided good feelings by all knowing that they're really appreciated. This particular sharing experience was to celebrate U.S. Army birthday...plans are to do this for every service birthday....next is Coast Guard in August!
April 26, 2017
Pictured ( L to R): Doug Ehrhardt, Iggy Husar, Harley Ellinger, Jeri Graham, Marie Senzig and Vern Pike.
Pictured (bottom thumbnail photograph) is Jeri Graham, Legislative Chair, North Carolina Veterans Council with James Prosser, Director, North Carolina Department of Veteran Affairs.
Scroll over the thumbnail pictures (right) to see some of the Veterans organizations that were represented at the event.
April 6, 2017
* The MOAA Councils and Chapters that are the recipients of 2016 Col. Marvin J. Harris Communication Awards were announced at the President's Seminar which took place after "Storming the Hill."
* Pictured (above right): CAPT Douglas Ehrhardt, USN, Ret., President of the North Carolina Council of Chapters is presented a 5 Star award for the Council website by Lt Gen Dana Atkins, USAF, Ret., President and CEO of MOAA.
* Pictured (below right) is the group photograph of the representatives of the 137 award recipients from the attendees at the President's Seminar.
North Carolina Council of Chapters Awards:
* 5 Star
- North Carolina Council of Chapters Website
- Cape Fear Chapter Website
- Sandhills Chapter Website
* 4 Star
- North Carolina Council of Chapters E-Newsletter
- Cape Fear Chapter Print Newsletter
- Coastal Carolina Website
- Coastal Carolina Print Newsletter
- Sandhills Chapter Print Newsletter
- SENCLand Chapter Website
- SENCLand Chapter Print Newsletter
- Triangle Chapter Website
- Triangle Chapter Print Newsletter
- Catawba Valley Chapter Website
- Catawba Valley Chapter Print Newsletter
- New River Chapter Website
- New River Chapter E-Newsletter
KUDOS TO ALL OUR COUNCIL AWARDEES!
April 4, 2017
The Military Officers Association of America Marix Awards Ceremony, named for MOAA's first president, was on April 4th...North Carolina Council of Chapters President, CAPT Doug Ehrhardt, USN, Ret., and his wife Cathy, attended the ceremony as part of the annual event on Capitol Hill with the North Carolina Council of Chapters delegation and other MOAA council and chapter members in DC for "Storming the Hill," 2017.