Open this American Legion's event flyer that discusses an important meeting to be held in Smithfield, NC and is considered critical for anyone having questions regarding VA benefits or the submission of a VA claim.
The MOAA Webinar that was held on August 19, 2015 was a presentation by Retired Navy CAPT Doug Ehrhardt, USN that covered how to develop and use E-Newsletters in order to better communicate with members as well as reach out to eligible new members in order to grow your chapter. In addition to providing "how to" steps for building E-Newsletters that not only use hypertext links to external Internet content, but also how to create "teaser" E-Newsletters. The 40 minute webinar also covered how to manage your chapter e-mail distribution lists for sending E-Newsletters to multiple addressees.
* In appreciation for the service and sacrifices of North Carolina’s war veterans, a four year scholarship program at North Carolina approved schools has been established by the NC Division of Veterans Affairs for the qualifying children of certain class or category of deceased, disabled, combat or POW/MIA Veterans.
* Click on the below attachment to open/read/apply if qualified.
* Be sure to pay special attention to the dates listed by Class, or category of qualifying veteran's status for submitting an application.
* RSS (Really Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary) is an easy way for members to receive recently posted News and Events from the NC Council of Chapters of MOAA.
* RSS is for people who regularly use the web and allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content from sites in which you are interested.
* You save time by not needing to visit each site individually.
Follow the link below to go to the News and Events page.
Click the “RSS” link - the little orange square to the left of the NCCOC State logo.
Choose “Subscribe” to have “NCCOC MOAA” added to your Bookmarks Toolbar.
Whenever you log on to the Internet, right-click your NCCOC MOAA bookmark and “Reload Live Bookmark” to see new posts on our web page(s)!
Click on any new individual posts and you will be hyperlinked to that site.
* The TIME to Never Stop Serving is more important than ever as MOAA and the North Carolina Council of Chapters move into 2017...the newest changes happening in our nation's legislative body should make this year an important one for getting many of the top issues for the Military Officers Association of America enacted.
* As always, NCCOC Chapters are encouraged to emphasize the importance of being enrolled in MOAA's Legislative Alerts to all members in order to get our "One Powerful Voice" in front of the Congress.
* In a June 24, 2016 e-mail from Jeri Graham, NCCOC Past President and Legislative Chair for the North Carolina Veteran's Council, it was reported that an 1130 committee meeting re: HB 842 was scheduled. Because of good interventions to keep this bill moving, the good news is that it's working.
* Here are some more good results so far for the legislative bills that the NCVC has been working on:
- HB 256 - ratified and should be signed soon:-)
- S 105 - voted positively (second committee meeting) - Homeland Security, Military and Veterans Affairs.
- HB 842 - hopefully there will be a reversal of the bill being sent to Appropriations since no monies are involved; previously sent out of Rules to Health, after which they sent it to Appropriations.
* This is probably all we'll get accomplished in the Short Session which is probably pretty good since it has been such a difficult time with considering the impact of HB 2.
* Jeri has had discussions with Ken Melton re: Engage 4th Branch...hopefully, all can see minor changes such that when you log on to www.4thbranchnc.org you shouldn't have to keep registering each time...whew! Plans are such that the contractor for Engage 4th Branch will be getting out more frequent messaging...pushing for weekly messages. Jeri has asked Melton and Assoc. to please adapt their legislative reports so messages can be shared on websites and newsletters.
* Stand by for more news, as it becomes available.