March 14, 2017 (effective date)
* The document (right) can be opened in a larger view - right click on the image - in order to read, or it can be downloaded to your computer below.
* Please ensure widest delivery of this information to all veterans who may have been affected by this situation at Camp LeJeune.
February 10-11, 2017
Need help filing a VA claim? Questions about survivor benefits? Filing an appeal? Check out this event that will take place in Roanoke Rapids on February 10th and 11th.
July 15, 2016
The results of a survey conducted by Military Officers Association of America provided information regarding topics of greatest importance to our Association's membership.
May 11, 2016
* The North Carolina Council of Chapters participated in the Legislative Day held in Raleigh on this date.
* Following set-up, events of the day included an opening ceremony in front of the Legislative Building, the many veterans and veterans groups honoring the colors, and a bagpiper playing "Amazing Grace and leading the procession into the building to "Storm" the legislators.
* Representatives of the veterans groups met with Senator Louis M. Pate to share the 2016 Legislative Goal and Associated Talking Points.
* A Vietnam War 50th Commemorative Ceremony was held at 9:00 AM to invite all eligible veterans from the conflict to be recognized with a commemorative lapel pin and certificate as part of the ceremony. A total of 49 serving veterans were honored.
* All veterans attending the legislative day met with Speaker Tom Moore in the House Chambers to hear his remarks and were then given a period for Q&A.
* In the afternoon, veterans were invited to attend the House and Senate sessions, beginning at 2:00 PM and hear the reading of resolutions sponsored by NelsonMullins and to receive recognition by the legislators.
October 31, 2016
* Bruce Specher, Director of Public Affairs (VISN6) provides this copy of the Voices of VISN6 via their distribution list for including on our web site.
* Further, Bruce has offered to post in his newsletter any article/announcement from NCCOC chapters that has to do with Veterans...links to your Chapter newsletter or activities that are on your own Chapter webpage can also be advertised/posted.
* To partner with the VA in ways such as this can only be advantageous...a win/win so to speak.
February 16, 2016
* The below, downloadable file contains a wealth of information about the activities of the NC Coalition on Aging which is supported by the NCCOC.
* Open/read to stay informed as we're all aging!