* Triangle Chapter President Matt Segal shared information from his presentation that was given at the 3rd Quarterly NCCOC Meeting in Blowing Rock, NC.
* Open the attached file to learn more about the opportunity for veterans who were on active duty in the Korean War theater of operations and follow up as desired.
* Thanks Matt and Meg for this information.
Promote Your Activities
* The North Carolina Council of Chapters and individual Chapters can utilize the NC4VETS website to promote their activities by clicking on this link...
* Check it out!
* Pictures from the post "Storming the Hill" Council of Chapters meeting in Alexandria, VA.
* Happy to see pictorial coverage in this months MO Magazine highlighted our NC Council...if I'd known I would be photographed up close I would have combed my hair!
* It was also an honor to have our NC Storming team chosen with Tennessee and Colorado to join Lt Gen Adkins and COL Barry Wright as the faces of MOAA as they elected to not have the large group shot on the Capitol steps since the dome was covered by scaffolding on the day of our visit.
May 25, 2016
* Terri Kane, NC Fayetteville State Veterans Home VSO and NC Women Veterans Coordinator presents award to the Western Carolina MOAA Chapter with great appreciation to that chapter for their generous contribution to the NC Women Veterans Summit and Expo. COL (Ret) Jeri Graham accepts the award for the Western Chapter.
* In the lower right photograph, COLs (Ret) Diana DiStefano (Sandhills Chapter) and Jeri Graham man the MOAA-NCCOC table at the 2016 NC Women Veterans Summit & Expo. There were numerous positive interchanges with Summit attendees and exhibitors and six attendees completed MOAA membership cards.
May 19, 2016
* As North Carolina Council of Chapters president, it's an honor to attend chapter meetings in our North Carolina system...today's visit is in Greensboro with 51 members and guests of the Osborne Piedmont Chapter, LTC Lee Richmond, President.
* Shown at right is Congressman Mark Walker (R-NC 06) who was the guest speaker.
A discussion topic at the regular business meeting related to VA Form 10-0485, "Request for and Authorization to Release Protected Health Information to Nationwide Health Information Network." The PDF form can be opened from the below, downloadable file.
Link: VA Form 10-0485
May 17, 2016
* The members of the Osborne Piedmont Chapter collected food along with Lauren Starkey and members of the local ministry club at Caldwell Academy...the food drive benefitted homeless and disabled veterans by supporting the Servant Center in Greensboro, NC.
* Shown in the pictures (above right) is Chapter President LTC Lee Richmond, USA, Ret.with Lauren and the centers volunteers (below right) when the donations were delivered.
* Thanks Lee and members of the Osborne Piedmont Chapter!