October 20, 2015
North Carolina Council of Chapters President, COL Jeri Graham, USA-Ret. had the honor of representing the NC Council for the swearing in of MGEN (Ret) Cornell Wilson as North Carolina's first Secretary of the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (pictured right with his spouse - holding the bible- and daughter).
September 12, 2015
* The North Carolina Council's JROTC NCO Instructor of the Year Winner, MSgt Michael Jensen, and his wife Sherry are pictured (upper right with NCCOC President Jeri Graham). While enjoying their award weekend getaway, they attended the Military Appreciation Day at St. James Plantation (Southport).
* Pictured (lower right) are SENCLand and Operation at Ease VIP Don Hill and his spouse Tricia with the Jensens, as well as COL Graham and husband Ed Baisden.
* MSgt Jensen has plan to become a member of Voices For America's Troops!
* Thanks are extended to the SENCLand Chapter, Operation at Ease, and the American Legion Post #543, for their hospitality and support.
February 1, 2016 (Deadline for Submissions)
* The Col. Marvin J. Harris Communication Awards scoring system is being revised effective with the February 1, 2016 submissions. Open this link to learn about the new evaluation criteria for submitting your Council and Chapter entries.
* Note: Any Council or Chapter meeting the criteria with their submission will receive an award in the competition.
* There will only be two categories for entries from Councils or chapters:
(1) Print newsletters and E-Newsletters. Only one entry, either a newsletter or an e-newsletter, is permitted.
(2) Web Sites.
* Select each of the above, hyperlinked files, which upon opening, can be filled out on your computer. (NOTE: For best results using the fillable forms, SAVE them to your computer before opening to facilitate entering your data.
* After entering the data, rename the file(s) and send as attachment(s) to Member Service Center, MOAA.
* National MOAA has a new website design which is active on their homepage.
* Check it out and be sure to bookmark the new location.