|^||<< August 2018 >>|
| || || ||1||2||3||4|
* The NCCOC 3rd Quarterly Meeting will be held in Columbia, SC as part of the Council and Chapter Leadership Workshop.
* The purpose of the Council and Chapter Leadership Workshop is to bring top council and chapter leaders together to discuss best practices and topical issues regarding legislative issues and advocacy efforts, chapter management techniques, leadership succession, membership growth/sustainment, and revenue generation — just to name a few — as we work together to strengthen MOAA’s council and chapter system.
* Incumbent presidents, membership chairs, and legislative chairs from councils and chapters from the following states are invited to register: Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and East Tennessee. While a substitute can be designated for the president and membership chair positions, we ask that no substitute be designated for incumbent legislative chair.
* The MOAA Mid-Atlantic Council and Chapter Leadership Workshop Agenda can be viewed here.
The annual meeting of the Military Officers Association of America will be held in Phoenix, AZ.
* The Veterans Memorial in Anthem, AZ is a short 31 miles north of Phoenix, AZ (see the accompanying map in the download, below).
* If your travel itinerary permits, plan to visit the memorial on Veterans Day, November 11th, because at precisely 11:11 a.m., the sun’s rays pass through the ellipses of the five Armed Services pillars to form a perfect solar spotlight over a mosaic of The Great Seal of the United States.
* Designed by Anthem resident Renee Palmer-Jones, the memorial's five marble pillars represent the five branches of the United States military and is dedicated to honoring the service and sacrifice of the United States armed forces.