|^||<< August 2019 >>|
| || || || ||1||2||3|
* NCCOC President, David Lee has provided the following information regarding the 3rd Quarterly meeting of the Council:
Location: Searstone Clubhouse, 17001 Searstone Dr, Cary, NC 27513. See the below, downloadable file "Searstone Location", or open a Google map here.
Schedule: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, with a break for lunch provided by the Council.
* Searstone is a continuing care retirement community for those aged 62 and older that opened in 2013. It is beautifully appointed with friendly staff and spacious clubhouse. A few of our MOAA members are residents.
* Thanks to Jeri Graham and Ed Baisden for organizing the meeting with Searstone.
* Due to problems with the status of the hotel previously planned for the statewide convention and repairs that are underway to make the facility presentable, a different date and location were researched by the North Carolina Council of Chapters.
* A first cut on information about the event is provided below...
* E-mails will be sent to Chapter Presidents and others involved in the event planning for the meeting as definitive information becomes available.
* Questions? Contact NCCOC President David Lee.
Millers Landing on MCAS, Cherry Point is relatively new, well designed and appointed and on the waterfront of the Neuse River.
Highlights of our decisions:
For our socials, we will be next to the bar and will have pay as you go both evenings. We have two sections of the meeting space, with a third available if needed. No other function will be scheduled there.
Friday evening, weather permitting we will have a informal buffet with a casual theme and menu on the patio with inside space reserved concurrently.
Saturday menu will be a choice of combination entrees; chicken and salmon and steak and shrimp. Other special dietary needs will be accommodated. A $300 deposit will be required with our commitment to the venue.
A list of participants without a military IDs must be submitted 30 days in advance for access to the base. They will do background checks.
Base tours may be available for our group, through the PAO. MCAS is getting the F-35 to replace the Prowlers and Harriers. Significant money is being spent to upgrade the infrastructure to accommodate the change.
Millers Landing is next to the base golf course. They have a tournament scheduled for that Saturday through 1300, but Friday tee times are available.
In some prior discussions with the Cherry Point Inn manager, it was felt that we could be allowed to reserve rooms 60 or 90 days in advance rather then the 30 day normal requirement. In talks with the lead person at the Inn, there are about 35 rooms available but if we need more, there is another lodging facility on the base that we can investigate. Breakfast is included and is like most Hampton Inn style hotels. Waffles and some hot dishes, with traditional pastry breads, cereal, etc. They have a nice meeting room we can use for Saturday morning (no food or drink allowed in the meeting room).