|^||<< August 2018 >>|
| || || ||1||2||3||4|
- The second quarterly meeting of the North Carolina Council of Chapters was held on June 15-16, 2018, hosted by the Charlotte-Metrolina Chapter, CW4 Jay Garbus, President.
- The Friday evening's speaker, award-winning author and storyteller Randell Jones, presented a talk entitled "Footprints of Daniel Boone" which was enjoyed by all. Randall comes with great accolades from the NC Humanities Council and noted state historians.
The annual meeting of the Military Officers Association of America will be held in Phoenix, AZ.
* The Veterans Memorial in Anthem, AZ is a short 31 miles north of Phoenix, AZ (see the accompanying map in the download, below).
* If your travel itinerary permits, plan to visit the memorial on Veterans Day, November 11th, because at precisely 11:11 a.m., the sun’s rays pass through the ellipses of the five Armed Services pillars to form a perfect solar spotlight over a mosaic of The Great Seal of the United States.
* Designed by Anthem resident Renee Palmer-Jones, the memorial's five marble pillars represent the five branches of the United States military and is dedicated to honoring the service and sacrifice of the United States armed forces.