|back to 2021|
|^||<< January 2020 >>|
| || || ||1||2||3||4|
Proposed meeting agenda and files for use by Council officers and Chapter presidents...
Agenda for NCCOC Quarterly Meeting,
20 February 2021, 0900 hours
NEVER STOP SERVING
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: President
INVOCATION: CH (COL) Will Barnes, D Min (Ret), Chaplain for Coastal Carolina Chapter, MOAA
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM: Secretary, Sue Harris
The Secretary will call the name and chapter represented and the NCCOC officers.
INTRODUCTION OF NEW CHAPTER PRESIDENTS: NCCOC President
- COL (R) Rich Underwood, USA, President, Cape Fear Chapter
- LTC (R) Joe Anderson, President, Charlotte-Metrolina Chapter
- Lt Col (R) Drew Croucher, President, Sandhills Chapter
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Secretary Sue Harris and President (ACTION)
Click here to go to: MOAA-NC.org > Documents > NCCOC 4th Quarter Meeting > NCCOC Minutes to review the minutes.
TREASURER'S REPORT: COL (R) Mike Covell
Review Revenue & Expense Report and Financial Position Report of year end
SPEAKER: COL (R) Hew Wolfe, USA, and Retired Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for ESOH (Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health)
DISCUSSION OF LLC: President
Vote to approve/disapprove to create NCCOC, LLC (ACTION)
LEGISLATIVE/VETERANS AFFAIRS (2021 Objective): COL (R) Iggi Husar
- The state bills to make North Carolina 100% military friendly
- The spread sheet to track progress.
- Determining which Chapter Legislative Liaison will manage which bill(s)
- What are the state goals
- Working with the North Carolina Veterans Council
- Review the 13 federal priorities of National MOAA
MEMBERSHIP/RETENTION (2021 Objective): LTC (R) Ed Brown
One year ago, 259 non National MOAA members. 31 December 2020, 83 non National MOAA
COUNCIL GOALS/OBJECTIVES FOR 2021: President
- Pass 4 DSLO laws to make NC military friendly
- Support National MOAA on their priorities.
- Gain advocacy support from NCVC to get our priorities accomplished
- Two chapters that attain 100% National MOAA membership
- 40 chapter members that attain National MOAA membership
- Recognize chapters that achieve greater than 5% NRT new members.
- Add ???? new members by 31 December 2021
- Add five satellites in one year.
QUARTERLY NCCOC MEETING "TAKE AWAYS": President
DATES & EVENTS FOR YOUR CALENDARS:
- Apply for USAA $300.00.
- Apply for Community Grant due 28 February 2021 Max $5,000.00
- COL Marvin J. Harris Communication Award due 1 February 2021
- Scholarship Applications due 1 March 2021
- Storming-the-Hill and Council Presidents Seminars, 19-20, April, 2021
- NCCOC quarterly meeting15 May 2021
- Apply for Mercer Liability Insurance- $100.00 due 31 May 2021
- COL Steve Strobridge Legislative Liaison Award due 1 June 2021
- Surviving Spouse Liaison award due 1 June 2021
- National MOAA Leaders Workshop in Raleigh, NC dates TBD September 2021
- NCCOC quarterly meeting in Raleigh, NC dates TBD September 2021 (Combined with Leaders Workshop)
- Annual National Meeting, dates TBD October 2021
- NCCOC Annual meeting, 13 November 2021
Minutes from the North Carolina Council of Chapters 4th Quarter 2020 Virtual Meeting on November 14
The deadline for a Chapter's submission of their application for the COL Marvin J. Harris Communication Awards competition is February 1, 2021. Open this link to the post on the National MOAA website for instructions and begin an application.
The following information about dates for upcoming events and activities for NCCOC Chapters are shown in the below bullets...underlined text indicate hot links that will open the subject information on the National MOAA website or other resource pages.
- The USAA grant program will open back up by mid December, 2020 and run through 2021 until funds are no longer available. Generally, funds are depleted near late September/October time frame so chapters are strongly encouraged to open the link in order to apply for the 2021 grant.
- Mercer Liability Insurance grant runs January 1, 2021 - May 31, 2021.
- NCCOC meeting - February 19-20, 2021.
- NCCOC meeting - May 15, 2021.
- Link to the COL Steve Strobridge Legislative/Liaison Award criteria; submissions are due June 1, 2021. (Note: the submission criteria in this post says June 1, 2020).
- Link to the Surviving Spouse Liaison award; submissions are due June 1, 2021. (Note: the attached file describes the role of a Surviving Spouse; award criteria will be posted when available.
- A Leaders Workshop will be held in Raleigh, NC on a date TBD September 2021. Additionally, a NCCOC quarterly meeting will be combined with the Leaders Workshop in Raleigh.
- Annual National Meeting of Membership on a date TBD October 2021.
- NCCOC meeting - November 13, 2021.