* The NCNG selectee to join the Council and Chapters attendees at the June 11-14, 2015 state convention in Cashiers, NC is MAJ Mark Almond. He will be attending with his bride Holly and two daughters, Faith (10 years old) and Hope (8 years old).
* Read a brief bio about Mark and his family here:
* Mark and Holly Almond were married on July 1, 2000. He is a native of North Carolina from Winston-Salem; he received his commission from ROTC at UNC Charlotte in 1996 and is currently the Battalion Executive Officer / Administrative Officer for 5th Battalion 113th Field Artillery Regiment (HIMARS). MAJ Almond has had two tours to Iraq and one to Egypt.
* Holly is a 7th grade writing teacher. While she loves teaching, she enjoys her summers off spent by the pool with a good book. Faith is ten years old. She is an avid reader and enjoys playing piano. Hope is eight years old. She is a competitive dancer with an enormous collection of stuffed animals.
* The Almond family lives in Apex with their Westie, Liberty.