September 12, 2015
* The North Carolina Council's JROTC NCO Instructor of the Year Winner, MSgt Michael Jensen, and his wife Sherry are pictured (upper right with NCCOC President Jeri Graham). While enjoying their award weekend getaway, they attended the Military Appreciation Day at St. James Plantation (Southport).
* Pictured (lower right) are SENCLand and Operation at Ease VIP Don Hill and his spouse Tricia with the Jensens, as well as COL Graham and husband Ed Baisden.
* MSgt Jensen has plan to become a member of Voices For America's Troops!
* Thanks are extended to the SENCLand Chapter, Operation at Ease, and the American Legion Post #543, for their hospitality and support.
February 1, 2016 (Deadline for Submissions)
* The Col. Marvin J. Harris Communication Awards scoring system is being revised effective with the February 1, 2016 submissions. Open this link to learn about the new evaluation criteria for submitting your Council and Chapter entries.
* Note: Any Council or Chapter meeting the criteria with their submission will receive an award in the competition.
* There will only be two categories for entries from Councils or chapters:
(1) Print newsletters and E-Newsletters. Only one entry, either a newsletter or an e-newsletter, is permitted.
(2) Web Sites.
* Select each of the above, hyperlinked files, which upon opening, can be filled out on your computer. (NOTE: For best results using the fillable forms, SAVE them to your computer before opening to facilitate entering your data.
* After entering the data, rename the file(s) and send as attachment(s) to Member Service Center, MOAA.
* National MOAA has a new website design which is active on their homepage.
* Check it out and be sure to bookmark the new location.
The "Chapters in Action" page (p. 47) in the June edition of the Military Officer Magazine published information regarding winning entries in the 2014 Col. Marvin J. Harris Communication Awards contest.
* In paragraph three, the North Carolina Council E-Newsletter Winners were singled out as "having dominated the e-newsletter category!
* Congratulations and kudos go out to all our winners:
- CAPT Doug Ehrhardt, NC Council 1st VP for "Council Connections"
- COL Juan Chavez, Cape Fear President for "A Gram of Info"
- CDR Ron Wilsbach, Charlotte-Metrolina Chapter for "The Gouge"
NCCOC JROTC Instructor of the Year Supporter
COL Jeri Graham, NCCOC President and COL Ed Baisden, NCCOC Treasurer, present a Certificate of Appreciation to Donald Johnson, Pinnacle Development, Design, Build of Southern Pines, NC for the company's donation in support of the NCCOC Council level of the 2015 JROTC Instructor of the Year Award.
- Award winners, MAJ Russell Armentrout and MSgt Michael Jensen, will be bringing their families for a getaway weekend to St. James Plantation, Southport, NC.
- The Council recognizes the great contributions of JROTC Instructors across North Carolina. We are most grateful to Pinnacle for demonstrating their support through this contribution.
Developer of the NCCOC JROTC Instructor of the Year Award Program
COL Jeri Graham, NCCOC President presents an award certificate and trophy to Colonel Robert Penny, USAF (Ret), in recognition of his outstanding work in developing the Honoring LTC Robert J. Jones, USA (Ret) NCCOC JROTC Instructor of the Year Award Program.
- Chapters across the state supported selected chapter winners and then forwarded packets for the Council Level Award.
- Colonel Penny, who has had significant JROTC Instructor experience, now coordinates the Triangle chapter JROTC program.